The 29th EUCHEM Conference on Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids aspires to continue this tradition towards enhancing the communications and interactions within and beyond the boundaries of various liquid salts communities of molten salts, ionic liquids, eutectic solvents (of ionic nature), solvent-in-salts, molten slags and other ions dominated reaction and process media.
After the successful meeting held in Patras in 2022 the 29th EUCHEM conference on molten salts and ionic liquids (EUCHEMSIL 2024) will move to Santiago de Compostela, known worldwide for Saint James’ Way (Camino de Santiago) where thousands of pilgrims arrive every year, reaching the capital of Galicia and its iconic Cathedral.
The conference will cover fundamental aspects, applied research and applications of ionic media over a broad temperature range. The EUCHEMSIL 2024 will take place in the Chemistry Faculty of University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), one of the historic buildings of the extensive heritage of the University.
Looking forward to seeing you in Santiago de Compostela!
AUDIENCE & TOPICS:
Scientists from all over the world in areas of Ionic liquids and Molten salts.
Will cover fundamental aspects as well as all kind of application driven and application research in ionic media.
• Emerging technologies, scaling-up and commercial exploitation of novel processes with low melting point salts.
• Electrodes and electrolytes. Surface charge transfer.
• Fundamentals, preparation and applications of low melting point salt nanosystems.
• Modelling of properties and processes in molten salts and ionic liquids.
• Assessment of physicochemical and biological properties of ionic liquids, molten salts and deep eutectic solvents.
• Novel separation strategies based on ionic melts, including extraction, recovery and recycling.
• Sustainable synthesis and catalysis in and of (supported) ionic liquids and molten salts, including polymerization.
• Energy and environmental applications.
Call for abstract: November 15, 2023
Abstract Deadline: December 22, 2023
Notification of acceptance: January 22, 2024
Opening registration: January 22, 2024
Early-Bird deadline: February 22, 2024
Registration Deadline: March 22, 2024
|Junior*:||€ 350||€ 400|
|Senior:||€ 500||€ 600|
*Predoc, postdoc and other non-permanent staff.
Gala dinner ticket: € 50.
Fees include Spanish VAT (21 %).